Electrical Machine Builder
235 Industry Blvd. PO Box 1000 Irwin, PA 15642
Roles & Responsibilities:
- The Electrical Machine Builder shall be responsible for building electrical panels for machines. Abilities shall include, but are not limited to; wire and troubleshoot using electrical schematics; be familiar with ladder logic of PLC’ s; utilize time management skills during the building of a project; document time spent on a project; maintain work area in a neat, clean, orderly manner.
- Follow drawings, prints and other data sources to assemble product machines.
- Verify if all components are available and correlate to drawings.
- Assemble machine control panels and wire/label according to electrical schematics per each job order.
- Integrate control panels, electrical boxes and other electrical devices to mechanical assemblies per job order.
- Approximately 80% electrical panel building duties and 20% other machine build functions/training for mechanical assembly.
- Clarify any discrepancies in project package with supervisor or engineering dept.
- Work must be completed to the production schedule or sooner.
- Any deviation from the schedule is to be anticipated and reported to supervisor as soon as information becomes known.
- Exercise initiative to determine where improvements in the assembly process can be made and review with supervisor.
- Follow all company policies and procedures.
- Strictly adhere to the quality policy and procedure, as well as the protection of company property.
- Participate in training as required by the company.
- All company documentation must be maintained accurately and timely.
- Work must be performed in a safe and efficient manner including maintaining a neat and clean work area.
- Accept any additional assignments, duties and responsibilities as may be requested.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Associates Degree in Electrical Technology, trade school or equivalent.
- Minimum 6 months – 1 year’ s experience in electrical assembly is required.
- Ability to read electrical, mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic drawings.
- Willingness to be cross-trained in mechanical assembly.
- Ability to comprehend and follow ISO procedures and processes relating to job performance and quality.
- Position Reports To: Manufacturing Manager.
- Hours 6: 45am - 3: 15pm.