1580 Hecht Court Bartlett, IL 60103
To assemble and wire control cabinet panels and wire entire machine/system; and to provide electrical support for debugging operations.
- Interpret schematics, Bill of Materials, drawings, and manufacturer guidelines in order to achieve the desired results.
- Wires control panels, enclosures, and electrical devices.
- Tests and adjusts electrical assemblies and connections.
- Troubleshoots and debugs electrical systems as needed to ensure equipment is functioning properly.
- Assembles and tests experimental motor control devices, switch panels, transformers, generator windings, solenoids, FRLs, valve banks, and other electrical and pneumatic equipment and components.
- Under the direction of an electrical engineer, modifies electrical prototypes to correct functional deviations.
- Diagnoses cause of electrical or mechanical malfunction and performs preventive and corrective maintenance.
- Develops wiring diagrams, layout drawings, and engineering specifications for system or equipment modifications or expansion, and performs routine installation and maintenance duties.
- Plans, directs, and records periodic electrical testing, and recommends or initiates modification or replacement of equipment which fails to meet acceptable operating standards.
- Routes main pipe for air distribution.
- Mounts and plumbs pneumatic devices (such as check valves, regulators, vacuum generators, pressure switches, and others).
- Labels and routes pneumatic tubing/hoses from cylinders to valve banks.
- Use knowledge of OSHA and NEC regulations to produce safe and economically efficient machines/systems.
- Record changes on engineering documentation.
- Layout and assemble electrical components to control cabinet panels.
- Wire all electrical components on machinery.
- Proficient in use of hand tools, soldering irons, mechanical and electronic test equipment to verify product standards.
- Interface with Lead Electricians in order to accomplish goals.
- Install and service machines at customer’ s site as required.
- Follow work instructions and maintain checklists.
- Maintain ISO13485 Certification requirements.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Work in compliance with divisional Health, Safety, and Environmental Procedures.
- Refrain from removing or altering safety devices or guarding unless hazardous energies are controlled through Lockout-Tagout methods.
- Report any unsafe conditions or unsafe acts.
Education, Experience, and Skills:
- High school diploma or equivalency.
- Minimum of two years’ experience wiring machinery or equivalent experience.
- Capable of interpreting schematics.
- Good communications and math skills.
- Knowledge of OHSA and NEC regulations.
- General knowledge of all types of hand tools, including crimpers and soldering equipment.
- General knowledge inspection equipment including calipers, various gages, and electronic test equipment – voltage regulators, amp meters, etc.
- Computer systems.