Electro Maintenance Mechanic - 1st Shift
2710 Progress Street Vista, CA 92081
- Ensures operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on engines, motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, and production machines; following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer' s instructions, and engineering specifications; troubleshooting malfunctions.
- Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation; listening for problems; using precision measuring and testing instruments.
- Determines changes in dimensional requirements of parts by inspecting used parts; using rules, calipers, micrometers, and other measuring instruments.
- Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments by using hand tools, levels, plumb bobs, and straightedges.
- Controls downtime by informing production workers of routine preventive maintenance techniques; monitoring compliance.
- Fabricates repair parts by using machine shop instrumentation and equipment.
- Maintains equipment, parts, and supplies inventories by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed equipment, parts, and supplies; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt.
- Conserves maintenance resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
- Provides mechanical maintenance information by answering questions and requests.
- Prepares mechanical maintenance reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Obey all safety rules and work in a safe manner
- Follow directions of the supervisor and Facilities Manager
- Complete all necessary paperwork pertaining to this position.
- Inform Supervisor or Manager of any unsafe conditions immediately.
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Proficient in Electrical troubleshooting and repair
- Plumbing experience
- Welding experience
- Construction principles
- Read and write in English
- Willingness to learn and follow direction
- Good interpersonal skills/ works effectively in teams
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Refrigeration certification is a plus.
Required Skills / Experience:
- Relevant qualification in mechanics
- Relevant qualifications in electrical troubleshooting
- Ability to read schematics and blueprints.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Analytical, detail-oriented and able to think creatively
- Sound judgment, high level of integrity and professionalism.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to work near moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles and risk of electrical shock.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Peripheral vision and Ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear.