Electro-Mechanical Assembler A
901 E. Ball Road Anaheim, CA 92805
The position of Electro-Mechanical Assembler A has the responsibility of assembling cable harness, wiring Electro-Mechanical sub-assemblies and top level assemblies in accordance with work order instructions, Engineering Drawing and Manufacturing Process Specifications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Due to the varying production requirements at the time of hire, this position may require soldering skills to Military specifications or ANSI-J-STD-001 in addition to mechanical/assembly skills or may require only mechanical/assembly skills. This is to be determined by the Manager/Supervisor based on the tasks and production needs.
- Assemble Electro-Mechanical parts and perform inner chassis wiring connections using both calibrated and non-calibrated hand tools per work order instructions.
- Must be able to read hardware descriptions on Engineering BOM and physically identify the characteristic of the hardware.
- Must have basic understanding of standard hardware installation sequence.
- Must be able to interpret complex Engineering Change Orders, understand the disposition and the effectiveness of the change.
- Must possess the skills and knowledge to select and use the proper hand tools for assemblies.
- Ability to communicate issues, concerns and/or questions to his or her supervisors and Manufacturing Engineers.
- Must be able to assemble simple to complex Cable Harness assemblies if necessary.
- Must be able to move or manipulate heavy parts and assemblies ranging to 50 lbs.
- Be able to operate various powered lifting and handling equipment ranging from hydraulic or electric lifting devices or lift tables.
- Complies with company’ s safety rules and regulations.
- Responsible for the accuracy of time charging on job performed.
- Responsible for keeping his or her work area clean and well organized.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Minimum 2-5 years’ experience assembling electro/mechanical hardware as stated above, preferably to military requirements and specifications.
- Able to pass soldering test and be certified ANSI-J-STD-001 as required.
- Must have good knowledge of IPC/WHMA-A-620.
- Must possess good to excellent assembly blueprint reading skills.
- Must be able to read and understand both written and verbal instructions in English.
- Must have excellent understanding of hardware requirements.
- High school or GED preferred.
- Must have 2-5 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.