Electro Mechanical Assembler II (2nd Shift - Soldering)
1940 Camino Vida Roble Carlsbad, CA 92008
Works under general supervision, performing assigned tasks that are mostly routine in nature. They are expected, however, to have a solid understanding of production procedures and processes and may be required to alternate between tasks.
Duties typically involve parts preparation, thru-hole soldering, mechanical assembly, testing, operation of routers, pcb separators, reflow equipment and packaging; may work on prototype assemblies and subcomponents. Follows work instructions to assemble electronic devices, tools and products using hand and power tools and other assembly equipment. Ensure all boards manufactured meet or exceed company’ s quality workmanship standards.
They are expected to have a comprehensive understanding of manufacturing procedures and processes and demonstrate the ability to alternate between responsibilities. Good computer and communication skills are essential. Individual will interact daily with Production Lead, peers, and supervisor and participates in daily housecleaning
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with Assembly Lead to identify process improvements.
- Work within an ESD sensitive environment.
- Able to perform general preventive maintenance on assembly equipment and tools.
- Ability to read and interpret safety rules, operating and procedure manuals, Bills of Materials and other engineering documents.
- Ability to read assembly drawings and/or work instructions.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to solder thru-hole components preferred.
Requirements and Experience:
- A High School Diploma or GED certificate is desired.
- Two to four years’ experience working in an electronic manufacturing environment or related area.
- Must have experience soldering using Lead Free No Clean solder!
- Must be attentive to details and be quality driven.
- Ability to lift 25 pounds.
- Must be available for overtime.
- Strong communication skills.
- Reliable transportation.
- Fundamental computer skills.