Electro-Mechanical Repair Technician
21955 Plummer Street Chatsworth, CA 91311
This Position is responsible for service, test, troubleshooting, repair and calibration of various makes of portable emissions/combustion analyzers and gas detection equipment. This will also include electronic through-hole assembly.
Related Duties included but not limited to:
- Repair/Service field returns. This requires efficient test, troubleshooting, repair/service, reporting findings in a legible written form and making the unit presentable for return to the customer.
- Provide constant feedback to department manager on results. Report any issues that could present potential improvement opportunities, trends, etc.
- The dynamic nature of the product/business demands a constant upgrading of essential and relevant skills in order to be competitive. Efficiency, quality and knowledge must be constantly pursued.
- Maintain general working area in a clean and organized manner.
- Provide department support as needed.
- Assist other departments as needed. May require field sales support, including demonstrations and customer training. Public speaking skills a plus.
- Prefer one-year technical degree from an accredited institution.
- Prefer one-year of experience troubleshooting and repairing electro/mechanical products at the component level.
- Proven ability to read schematics.
- Excellent soldering/de-soldering skills of through-board eyelet and surface mount components.
- Excellent working knowledge of test equipment such as digital multimeter and flow bench. Working knowledge of oscilloscope and logic probe a plus.
- Computer literate and able to work with PC-based communications, including Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point.
- Good communication skills, verbal as well as written.
- Repetitive motion with hands, wrist and fingers
- Combination of following: stooping, kneeling, walking, standing, pushing, lifting, fingering, grasping and talking.
- Exerting up to 35 pounds of force.
- Ability to handle normal levels of urgency-related stress.