550 Commerce Way Livermore, CA 94551
Looking for Electro-Mechanical Technicians with machine build experience for a 6-12 month contract position.
Positions are available on both day shift & swing shift.
All selected candidates will attend a 4 week training program, on day shift shifts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for assembly and testing of industrial control panels, cabinets, to meet customer requirements by performing the duties listed below.
- Candidates must provide their own steel-toed safety shoes.
- Participate in any and all 5S activities both individually and collectively as required by the 5S Coordinator.
- Fasten parts together with bolts, screws, speed clips, or other fasteners.
- Assembles, mounts, tubes and wires parts on control systems according to systems design specifications.
- Verify and troubleshoot control systems' circuits.
- Operate standard machine shop type equipment such as: drill presses, lathes, milling machines, shear, brake, saws and grinders to assist in assembly operation.
- Assist Project Engineer in selecting parts for control system, testing products during assembly and final stage of production and in updating shop folder with assembly and test data.
- Ability to keep performance standards at a high level.
- Performance is " work quality and quantity, attitude, ability to work as a team member and communicating in a positive manner."
- May provide technical support to Sales Engineer to resolve product related problems and assists in the repair of product at any customer facility.
- Use various hand tools and measuring equipment such as: drills, taps, files, calipers and micrometers to build the control systems.
- Perform preliminary packaging of control system and components by securing cabinet and loose parts, wraps cabinets in packaging material.
- May participate in the initial project briefings performed by the project engineer, sales manager and/or department manager.
- Maintains, organizes and cleans work area compliant with 5S Standards.
- Other tasks and responsibilities may be assigned as required.
- High School diploma or GED.
- Being an Electrical Engineer with an AS/BS Degree is not required, but it would definitely help with debugging and new product introduction.
Required Experience and Skills:
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in industrial equipment and applications.
- Must be able to hit the ground running.
- Electrical / Mechanical Build experience.
- Experience with assembly of power boxes.
- CE Knowledge - Copy Exact Policy.
- Ability to read schematics and blueprints required.
- Ability to create BOM - Bill of Materials.
- Part #' s, ability to read CAD Drawings.
- Machine Build experience.
- Electrical and Pneumatic / Hydraulic experience preferred.
- Prior experience in a " technician" role.
- Production electrical engineering test technician.
- Circuit design and analysis.
- Research and development.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
Overtime / Travel Requirements:
- Overtime (OT) will be required from time to time for short-term or long-term duration, as business needs mandate.
- Travel may be required by any mode of transportation as determined by company for business reasons such as, but not limited to, skill development, training or a company business event.
- This would include travel to Corporate Headquarters / Regional (field) offices and customer sites.