Electronic Maintenance Technician
PO Box 500 MS 347 Batavia, IL 605100500
You will be involved with the hands-on development, construction, wiring, commissioning, and maintenance of electronics associated with the automation of specialized equipment (e.g. winding machines, presses, furnaces, controls and data acquisition systems). This work will be performed on the bench as well as in remote locations.
Qualifications and Essential Job Functions:
- High School Diploma required, Associates Degree preferred
- Demonstrated skills and at least two years practical experience in the area of analog and digital electronics, circuit wiring, and relay logic.
- Ability to read and interpret circuit schematics, and manufacturers’ manuals (or similar documents)
- A practical understanding of grounding and shielding, and familiarity with the interrelationships of circuits and electronic components.
- Demonstrated skills in cable termination, module assembly and equipment repair at a chassis and printed circuit board level.
- Experience with test equipment (e.g., voltmeters, oscilloscopes and signal generators).
- Ability to install, solder, and inspect small objects: sensors, wire connectors, voltage taps, etc.
- Good oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Familiarity with the safe use of hand-held power tools and hand tools.
- Ability to work overtime and shift work as needed.
- Experience with sensors & instrumentation, modeling, and/or PLC programming is a plus.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
- Repetitive lifting of moderate weight.