Headquarters: 2900 Auburn Ct. Auburn Hills Auburn Hills, MI 48326
Our customer a leader in developing highly functional and connected pet products is seeking its company’ s first in-house Electrical Design Engineering Lead.
We are looking for someone with a well-rounded background in electronic circuit design and product development, as this person will be responsible for bringing electronic design in-house, while concurrently maintaining our company’ s relationships with vendors and service providers.
- This candidate will work directly with our team to turn ideas into reality.
- This individual will take pride in seeing projects through the complete product development process, from ideation all the way to production.
- This individual will be tasked with developing bread boards and early prototypes to prove out mechanical concepts, as well as carrying these early concepts through production-ready designs, further enabling our engineering team.
- The candidate is expected to bring innovation to our circuit designs, existing products, and their respective manufacturing processes while being mindful of performance and cost.
- The candidate should have expertise in circuit board design, firmware development, bread boarding, production-ready designs, IoT connectivity, API integrations for hardware-meets-mobile app development needs, as well as a keen awareness of how individual designs may affect our other products and systems.
- The candidate must be qualified and willing to work with our outside manufacturing specialists to design and build production-ready boards and firmware for IoT products for a variety of products.
This is a position for someone who has the vision, skills, and tenacity to realize innovative product design. This individual will help bring concepts to market, so those products can be sold worldwide and used by thousands of pet parents across the globe.
- US Citizenship or Permanent Residency is required
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Design and development of firmware for a suite of IoT pet products.
- This includes designing, building, testing, debugging, and preparing production-ready designs.
- Development and documentation of all circuit and system designs, specifications, and test plans.
- Be involved in the full Product life cycle from product definition to product ship.
- Work with cross-functional teams to ensure products meet specification criteria board form factor/size, power, performance, etc.
- Electronic (PCB) Manufacturing (DFM).
- Firmware, Software (IoT).
- Project Management.
- External Vendor Management.
Qualifications and Skills:
- BS or MS Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of Low Level/Embedded software/firmware development.
- Understanding of processes required to design cost-effective system solutions for consumer electronic products including design validation test planning.
- Experience with schematic capture and layout.
- Familiar with wireless systems including Bluetooth, BTLE, WiFi, LTE, etc.
- Excellent C/C++ programming skills.
- Experience working with overseas contract manufacturers, factories and bringing a product to production.
- Excited about being part of a small, fast-paced, creative, independent company.
- Self-starter with a passion for product development.
- Experience with high volume manufacturing a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Should have experience with and know how to utilize CAD/Circuit Design Tools.