47633 Westinghouse Drive Fremont, CA 94539
The Electronics Technician builds and tests complex electronics chassis as well as other types of electro-mechanical components using documentation and/or direction from an engineer or supervisor. Expertise in reading schematics and mechanical drawings in order to assemble an array of chassis, PCBs, cables and other related hardware is required. Must be able to write and improve assembly procedures and redline documentation and drawings as needed. Good communication, punctuality, experience with electronics tools and a willingness to learn on the job are essential.
- Assemble and test prototype electronics chassis and other associated hardware
- Build cables and harnesses for internal systems, electrical interconnects and overall systems
- Write assembly procedures and redline documentation as necessary
- Support the engineering staff and all related tasks
- Organize and manage the work bench and all tools related to the assembly and manufacture of electronic components
- Ensure the electronics area is clean and safe for day to day work
- Manage inventory of electrical spare parts and excess components
- Ability to work independently from electrical schematics, mechanical drawings and Bill of Materials
- Assemble complex chassis and electrical hardware with minimal supervision
- Ability to document changes and/or modifications to schematics and drawings
- Build custom cables and wire harnesses
- Solder thru-hole and surface mount PCBs as well as connectors for cables
- Adept and skilled at using hand tools and basic electronics equipment: torque wrenches, wire strippers, soldering irons, crimpers, multimeters, oscilloscopes, power supplies, etc.
- Clear communication between engineering groups to clarify tasks and utilize teamwork
Electronics Training and/or Associates Degree from accredited institution
5 years experience minimum in electronics, assembly, integration and testing within R&D or semiconductor capital equipment environment
Up to 10% international and domestic travel to support existing clients Ability to obtain VISAs for target market countries.