Electronics Test Technician
3738 Ruffin Road San Diego, CA 92123
This position description defines the role and responsibilities of the Electronics Test Technician.
The Electronics Test Technician is responsible for testing and assembly of electronic circuit boards and systems manufactures under the direction of the test department manager.
Typical duties of the Electronics Test Technician include:
- Production testing of analog and digital circuit boards and assemblies.
- Troubleshoot and repair circuit boards and electronic assemblies to the component level.
- Assembly of circuit boards and installation of wiring harnesses / cable assemblies.
- Set-up and operation of electronic test equipment such as DVM, oscilloscope, function generator, and electronic counter to obtain accurate results.
- Install and verify microcontroller firmware using programmer and in-circuit emulator.
- Document and record diagnostic results for system test and maintenance logs.
- Apply standard troubleshooting techniques to electronic circuits.
- Support production, engineering, and test departments as needed.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area.
- Other duties as assigned or required.
In order to achieve these duties, the following qualifications are expected:
- Associate’ s degree related to electronics or equivalent with two or more years of experience. May substitute equivalent experience in lieu of education from prior military or technical schools.
- Familiar with active and passive electronic components, analog and digital circuits, able to make DVM measurements on printed circuit boards.
- Able to read schematics, wiring diagrams, and assembly drawings.
- Demonstrate good through-hole and surface mount soldering skills
- Demonstrate good cable assembly and crimping skills.
- Knowledge of computer software and applications including Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Able to work from written test procedures or verbal instructions under supervision.
- Able to multi-task work assignments and exhibit exceptional attention to detail.
In addition to demonstrating a high degree of proficiency in the above requirements, effective interpersonal communication skills are necessary for working with others in a variety of situations.