100 Enterprise Drive RIDC West Pittsburgh, PA 15275
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Embedded Engineer will be responsible for developing sensor products for the automatic door and similar industries.
- Develop sensor products, including sensor characterization and interfacing, embedded software programming, analog and digital circuit design, prototyping, testing, debugging, and implementation.
- Support product validation and transfer to manufacturing and production.
- Support Product Management in creating technical specifications based on market requirements and feedback and support development plans including resource estimates and component costs.
- Collaborate with business units in the U.S., Europe, and Asia.
- Assist technicians in troubleshooting problems.
- Support customers as needed.
- Travel as needed (10% - 20%) including international locations
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and /or ability required.
- 3-5 years of experience in embedded software programming and basic electronics design with demonstrated technical capability, design success, and responsibility.
- A degree in Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering with strong embedded systems programming in C/C++ is required.
- Experience in embedded hardware interfacing and knowledge of board-level communication protocols such as I2C, SPI, and CAN is required. Experience in network interfacing (such as Wi-Fi or BLE) is a plus.
- Basic knowledge of analog and digital electronics design is required. Experience with circuit schematic capture and layout tools such as Altium is a plus.
- Demonstrated capability as a self-starter with the capability to take responsibility for the development phase a product design. Must possess product design skills for low cost, high reliability, high volume manufacturing.
- Knowledge of sensor technology (Infrared, Laser, Time-of-Flight, Microwave) is a plus.
- Demonstrated capability in a hands-on development environment is required.
- MS Office Skills.