Embedded Software Engineer
Avenel, NJ 07001 US
In this role the responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Design and integrate complex embedded control systems for power electronics.
- Experience with TI TMS320 series DSP and Code Composer Studio is desired.
- Participate and lead all aspects of software development, verification, testing and documentation based on DO-178C requirements.
- Participate in continuous improvement of processes for DO-178C certification.
- Perform board level troubleshooting and development.
- Collaborate with other business units on projects, as necessary.
- Communicate with customers for design reviews, status updates, etc.
- Author and defend, via the SOI audit process, DO-178C artifact documents.
- Limited travel (up to 10%) may be necessary.
The successful candidate will have a background which includes the following demonstrable experience, skills and education:
- B.S. in Computer Science or EE required; M.S. preferred
- A minimum of 7 years of related design experience in embedded systems design
- Strong understanding of the DO-178C development processes or equivalent stringent standards
- Ability to develop software in C programming language, and other languages as required
- Ability to author requirements and design artifact documents
- Proficiency in software engineering tools such as DOORs, Bugzilla, JIRA, etc.
- Ability to collaborate with Electrical Engineers in the definition, development, and test of embedded systems.
Ensure compliance with applicable processes and procedures during the course of daily job function
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, reach with arms and hands, climb stairs, stoop, kneel, crouch, talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 lbs.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time and an air-conditioned and heated office. The noise level is occasionally high.