Engineer - PC Systems
3401 Old Airport Road Wooster, Ohio 44691 | Direct Placement
The candidate is responsible for engineering design, development, startup, and support of custom manufacturing machinery in the Special Machine Building Department (SMB) within Business Unit Transmission Technologies at the Wooster, Ohio facility.
Formal Pre-Requisites for the Position
- Advanced engineering & physics knowledge.
- Superior knowledge of systems integration strategies, concepts, and techniques.
- Excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Experience with design of custom equipment for manufacturing including assembly, inspection, process control, etc.
- Software experience with ANSI C, C#, SQL, SAP, MS Office, etc.
- Hardware experience with industrial PCs, robot controllers, laser controllers, vision systems, industrial networking (Profinet, Ethernet, Profibus, etc.)
- Experience with Risk Level Assessment, codes, and regulations for industrial equipment safety.
- Excellent communication ability (written & verbal).
- Extremely self-motivated & driven to achieve results.
- Continuous improvement approach.
- Assertive approach to solving problems.
- Ability to prioritize and make decisions.
- Strong teamwork skills.
- BS degree in an engineering related field or BS degree in Computer Science.
Additional Required Skills:
- In order to be effective, this person must have excellent understanding of systems integration and automation engineering techniques.
- A strong understanding of structured programming, communication protocols, and overall problem-solving techniques is also necessary.
- The employee will be “ hands on” with equipment during startup and validation phases of projects.
- The majority of work is onsite at the Wooster, Ohio facility, and occasional regional and international travel is required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are required to interface with customers, to coordinate with PC Systems Group Leader and Project Leaders, and to interact with multidisciplinary engineering and technician teams throughout projects.
- Organizational and time management skills are required to meet the demands of multiple concurrent projects while maintaining a goal-focused approach.
- A strong focus on continuous improvement is required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- This position holds the responsibility to conceptualize, design, and deliver automation solutions for custom manufacturing equipment.
- Must be very proactive in understanding customer requirements for manufacturing processes and equipment.
- Working within design guidelines and standards, the employee will concept and design automation solutions such as those involving custom PC software, measurements systems, robotic systems, laser marking systems, vision systems, part tracking/database systems, interfaces to additional systems, etc.
- The employee will be directly involved in software development, system startup, and troubleshooting of new equipment as well as modifications and upgrades to existing equipment.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk, have close visual acuity and hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to maneuver objects, tools. The employee is occasionally required to walk; reach with hands and arms; stoop, bend, push, pull, kneel, or crouch. The employee must regularly lift and move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and move up to 65 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
This position is required to know and understand the current specifications of the Quality Policy and procedures, as well as the Safety and Environment Policy and procedures and contribute to the achievement of the company objectives. In addition to the duties listed above, the position holder must carry out tasks assigned by his supervisor that are essentially related to his duties.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Additional Position Information:
- Business Division: Transmission Systems North America.
- Business Unit: Transmission Technologies.
Chat with a recruiter about this opportunity! - https://flashrecruit.com/jobs/254651