Engineer - VHDL
13000 Gregg Street Poway, CA 92064
Our client is seeking an Engineer - VHDL to join their team.
- Perform FPGA Design: Architecture, Algorithms, HDL (VHDL and/or Verilog) design/reviews, HDL simulation including testbench creation, Synthesis and Place/route for FPGA’ s & Constraints, Timing analysis, System Integration and Test.
- Develop IP Patents, Technical Publications or White Papers.
- Write specifications and IP procurement documents.
- Understand FPGA architecture, software tools such as Modelsim for simulation, FPGA tools.
- Work closely with IP providers to design, spec and review designs to meet component and system level requirements.
- Work with engineers to debug, test, and verify the designs.
- Support designing and testing components and boards.
- Represent Engineering in technical customer discussions / meetings.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience with HDL development skills (VHDL and Verilog) with a thorough understanding of the language both for synthesis and verification.
- Experience with FPGA synthesis, place/route, and static timing analysis along with FPGA architectures.
- Experience and skills in debugging using lab equipment and other tools.
- Experience with Microsemi Libero preferred.
- Strong electrical engineering background for component and board designs
- Familiarity with revision control (git, cvs, clearcase, etc.).
- ASIC design knowledge is a plus.
- Ability to work in a team setting effectively.
- Successfully problem solves and manages conflict.
- Has analytical, evaluative, and objective critical thinking skills.
- 5-10 years relevant work experience.
- Bachelor' s Degree in Electrical Engineering or a related field.