Kirtland Air Force Base 2000 Wyoming Blvd SE Albuquerque, NM 87117
Location: Kirtland AFB, NM 87117 (client site)
Work Day: 8: 00 AM – 5: 00 PM
Seeking an enthusiastic Technician who would enjoy working in a vibrant and challenging research and development environment at Kirtland, AFB NM. Work both in the lab and out in the field constructing and testing pulsed power research projects, which include high power microwave systems, high voltage and high current discharge systems, and related sub-systems. Candidates must have good technical skills, be motivated, able to multitask assignments, have time-management skills, be a good communicator, work well with others, able to work with minimal supervision.
Candidates will need good technical skills, be motivated, able to multitask assignments, have time-management skills, be a good communicator, work well with others, able to work with minimal supervision.
Challenging research and development environment at Kirtland, AFB NM constructing and testing pulsed power research projects, which include high power microwave systems, high voltage and high current discharge systems, and related sub-systems.
1. Lead technical projects, sets-up experiments and conducts tests.
2. Creates, builds, assembles, modifies and/or repairs prototypes.
3. Troubleshoots hardware and data acquisition systems.
4. Collects, maintains, organizes, and compiles technical data.
5. Assists engineering staff in analyzing data.
6. Prepares documentation, reports, drawings (sketches/flow charts/diagrams/schematics, etc.).
7. Recommends alternative solutions to problems and obstacles.
- AAS degree in Engineering or Electronics with at least 2 years of applicable experience or 4 years of experience in lieu of degree
- Experience with High Voltage systems (10 kV)
- Experience with High Current discharge systems (1 kA)
- Ability to read and interpret electrical schematics and mechanical drawings
- Experience with electrical and mechanical troubleshooting and repair
- Experience with oscilloscopes, multi-meters, high voltage power supplies, control systems, network and spectrum analyzers, power meters, and a wide array of time and frequency domain calibration equipment
- Working knowledge of vacuum systems
- Ability to understand and abide by government safety rules and regulations
- Ability to handle unusual and unique occurring job events with minimal assistance
- Willingness to support multiple customers for both short and long-term assignments
- Possess excellent written and oral communication skills
- Competency with standard desktop computer software
- US Citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance within 6 months of hire
- Seeking Candidates with High Voltage Experience & Vacum Experience
- Active DOD or DOE clearance
- Experience with electronics circuit assembly, troubleshooting and soldering
- Experience with vacuum/pneumatic systems and controls
- Experience with manual machining equipment (mill, lathe, etc.)
- Experience with LabView and related instrumentation and control software
- Experience working with hazardous chemicals and gases
- High School Diploma or Equivalent w/ 4+ years of experience
- AAS Degree in Engineering or Electronics w/ 2+ years experience