3465A Box Hill Corporate Center Drive Abingdon, MD 21009
- The candidate will be expected to conduct a comprehensive engineering study of complex mechanical systems used to eliminate chemical weapons from the US inventory.
- The candidate will be expected to become familiar with the current support program, the government equipment, and the processes and procedures being used for operational missions within the Continental United States (CONUS).
- The candidate will conduct a study of equipment systems and components and identify discrepancies between engineering drawings and vendor data.
- The candidate will also identify obsolete components and identify suitable replacements.
- Work will culminate in the development and/or update of technical operations, maintenance, and parts manuals and a comprehensive final report.
- The candidate will be required to interface directly with contractor, government, and other stakeholder staff.
- Daily activities will include interviews with system subject matter experts, vendor interface, analysis of existing operations, maintenance, and sustainment materials, and analysis of part and component listings.
- The candidate will be expected to become a subject matter expert in system operations and maintenance and apply that expertise to all written documentation.
- The candidate will contribute to in-process review briefings, review; comment on, and develop program-related documents, plans and reports; draft technical papers; participate in project evaluations; assist in the provision of maintenance planning for RCMD systems; respond to customer inquiries; and verify product technical quality.
- The candidate will be required to support the program manager with monthly integrated product team meetings, and prepare meeting minutes and an action tracking log as required.
- Bachelor’ s degree with 2-4 years of prior relevant experience.
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to interact effectively with team members, senior managers, and clients.
- A strong background in and/or understanding of complex mechanical systems that include hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
- Excellent data gathering and writing skills.
- Skilled in the Microsoft Office suite and related graphics tools.
- Previous experience supporting military or civilian maintenance operations.
- Experience writing maintenance operating procedures.
- Review diagrams, tech manuals for chemical demilitarization system – mechanical system.
- Interface w/ trainers and users of the system.
- On site analysis of the system.
Additional Work Locations and/or Remote Options:
- Chemical Demilitarization Training Facility – US Army Logistic and Maintenance support contract