8115 Shaffer Parkway Littleton, CO 80127
Responsible for supervision, hiring, project schedules, and directs workloads/jobs for the department. Direct a team of Field Engineers, Electrical Designer, and Electrical Technicians to meet both customer and company expectations.
- Responsible for cross-functional engineering covering Sales, Project Management, Project Execution, Commissioning, and Startup of excitation systems upgrades.
- Responsible for the development of engineering training plan and mentoring junior engineers.
- Analyze technology trends, human resource needs, and market demand to plan projects.
- Maintain and develop engineering standards.
- Facilitate mobilization, demolition, and installation activities including equipment and tool shipping, scheduling, and supervision of craft labor on site.
- Assist with maintenance and testing of generator excitation systems, protective relays, and other auxiliary equipment.
- Evaluate reports on component and equipment failures, and recommend solutions.
- Assist the Sales team in the determination of cost responsibility.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Engineering Degree or 10+ years of experience related to engineering, field service, engineering management, or direct excitation experience.
- 5+ years of Engineering Leadership Experience.
- Experience with Power Systems Stability modeling on generators is preferred.
- Industrial or power generation experience required.
- Understanding and ability to implement electrical drawings, connection drawings, interconnection drawings, and schematics.
- Familiar with various types of steam, gas, diesel, and hydro generator controls.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal direct supervision.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Travel up to 50% with little advance notice as required for training, support of project tasks, product issues, or other design or job related needs.