Engineering Technician IV - Automation and Mechanical Controls
Irvine, CA 92618 US
Scope and Purpose of Position
Support manufacturing operations by maintaining and troubleshooting all manufacturing and facility equipment as required using mechanical, pneumatic, electrical, and control system knowledge and skills. Draft and implement engineering and validation protocols, compile data, and complete reports when studies are completed.
- Assist production operators and engineers in equipment set up.
- Keep accurate logs and records.
- Assist the calibration technician as required.
- Maintain and repair sensitive laboratory equipment and medical equipment.
- Connect to Various PLCs to troubleshoot equipment problems and return equipment to production.
- Install and configure single loop controllers and tune PID parameters to develop a stable process.
- Fabricate mechanical parts for manufacturing equipment as necessary.
- Perform routine maintenance on mechanical components such as cylinders, gearboxes, motors, and others as required.
- Independent, motivated, and safe worker
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Thorough use of electrical diagnostic tools
- Ability to use precision measuring equipment
- Ability to read and create blueprints
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Organization and time management skills
- Understanding of ladder logic and PLC functions
- Understanding of mechanical systems
Required Education and Experience
- Associate / Technical Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5-7 years of relevant work experience
- Experience in maintenance and repair of manufacturing and laboratory equipment
- Pharmaceutical/medical device experience preferred