Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) Engineer
545 Oakmead Pkwy Sunnyvale, CA 94085 | Direct Placement
The Environmental, Health and Safety team is a part of the Facilities Operations diverse group of engineers, project managers, and facilities maintenance employees that keep our research and development team and manufacturing of cutting edge thin film solar solutions a safe place to work and supports our “ beyond compliance” goals.
What We Need:
The Environmental, Health and Safety team is seeking a mid-level to Senior EHS Engineer who is technically savvy and is excited about improving business processes. You will support all EHS activities. If you like problem-solving and challenging the status quo, we’ d like to hear from you. As an EHS Engineer, you will have the ability to recognize, evaluate and recommend means to control safety, industrial hygiene and environmental problems, prior to incident occurrence.
What You’ ll do:
- Maintain our compliance calendar to ensure key deliverables do not slip.
- Participate in monthly audits of various parts of the facility and add issues to our corrective action database.
- Oversee EHS Intern and/or 3rd party chemical waste contractor.
- Support an Emergency Response Team in training and incident response.
- Provide innovative options to meet the intent of regulations when normal means are not feasible or may cause other risks.
- Review records to ensure we are audit ready.
- Support EHS training of employees as well as new hire and contractor safety training.
Skills You’ ll Need:
- 5-7 Years EHS experience in the solar or semiconductor industries.
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Works well with other team members.
- Comfortable with public speaking and explaining the intent of regulations and standards in our industry.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office to generate useful reports and PowerPoint presentations.
- B.A./B.S. or equivalent required, preferably in Environmental Sciences.
- A Certified Safety Professional (CSP) designation.
- This position is not eligible for immigration sponsorship.
- Senior Environmental, Health and Safety Manager.