Environmental Safety Manager
2400 Charles Street Wellsburg, WV 26070
Manages the environmental health and safety program for our client.
Essential Job Functions:
- Administer the safety policy to minimize the number and severity of incidents, accidents, and injuries.
- Establish target areas and long-range incident/accident prevention and cost control objectives including working with the HR Manager to reduce worker’ s compensations costs.
- Lead the Safety Committee and other employee involvement initiatives to achieve organizational safety goals.
- Maintain a system for reporting, monitoring, and correcting safety problems. Review incident reports using these systems to help determine what corrective actions need taken to prevent re-occurrence.
- Owns and administers the Workers’ Compensation program.
- Serve as the interface for dealing with and solving issues with monitoring agencies such as OSHA, NIOSH, EPA, state regulatory groups and etc. Participates in formal inspections of plant safety and issues a report to the monitoring agency to formally document corrective actions taken; involving both Operations and HR.
- Develop a baseline of safe work performance expectations and work practices by conducting job safety and hazard analysis, encouraging prompt accident/incident reporting and providing guidance to supervisors for corrective action.
- Investigate injuries to identify root cause and complete company wide Safety Alerts.
- Ensure that all areas are inspected for any conditions that pose potential problems and make recommendations for major projects and procedures that implement and maintain safety measures throughout the entire organization.
- Maintain the Safety Library by surveying and keeping current on all relevant topics to ensure ongoing preparedness on topics related to safety improvement and hazard prevention.
- Monitor and control industrial hygiene related to the long-term effects of factors such as chemical exposure, noise, lighting, heat, humidity, and etc.
- Ensure the appropriate Emergency Equipment is made available: CPR kits, AED’ s, eyewash, etc.
- Communicate safety activities and results to the workforce. Conduct safety orientation for new employees to ensure compliance to company safety practices.
- Responsible for any other project that may be assigned as needed.
Bachelor' s degree in safety engineering, industrial technology, or related field
- Three or more years of experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP) certification.
- Basic Mathematic logic and reasoning
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite
- Comfortable presenting to all levels of employees and management on safety metrics and initiatives
- Ability to write and update safety procedures
Occasionally lifts, carries, pushes, pulls, reclines, crouches, squats, kneels, twists, climbs, balances, reaches above shoulders or below waist, or uses manual dexterity. Occasionally stands and walks. Frequently sits.