100 Fallston Str. New Brighton, PA 15066
Estimator is responsible for preparing estimates from start of bidding process through bid closeout. Duties include: specification review, drawing review, coordination and assistance in quality and take-off, means and method planning, scheduling, pricing all direct and indirect job costs, soliciting and scoping subcontractors and suppliers and closeout of the bid.
- Perform full quantity takeoffs on projects and assist others in preparation of takeoffs.
- Complete bid pricing on takeoffs up to $5M with a focus on bridge, building and industrial structures.
- Solicitation of all required subcontractors and suppliers on each project. Ability to identify and delineate lines of responsibilities for subcontractors and suppliers.
- Must have the ability to translate conceptual design, project drawings, and technical specifications of a bridge or complex construction projects into full scope cost estimates with accurate forecasting.
- Utilize existing cost history, estimating software and other resources to perform the estimating function.
- Analyzes alternative solutions and construction methods to increase the competitiveness of bids. Utilize company procedures, estimating techniques, engineering means and methods, materials, construction techniques and services.
- Establishes and maintains relationships, consultants, subs and suppliers.
- Travels to pre-bid meetings as needed.
- 5 years of progressive estimating experience on bridges, structures and heavy civil projects both commercial and industrial.
- 3+ years of experience working as n Estimator in heavy civil industries.
- Structural steel rehabilitation including retrofit, reinforcing and steel replacement is a plus.
- Proven success in winning profitable large bridge and heavy civil construction projects independently up to $5M.
- Experience working on various types of projects including Bid Build (Lump Sum, Unit Price), etc.
- Demonstrated leadership, communication and interpersonal skills are a must.
- Must be willing to travel as needed to successfully perform the duties of the position.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret technical procedures and government regulations.
- Ability to write reports.
- Able to present information and to respond to high level questions from groups of executive, managers, clients, customers and the general public.
- Must have strong business and financial acumen.
- Must have the ability to make sound decisions and demonstrate strong intellectual capabilities.
- Able to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Experience in AutoCAD and Fabsuite, Electronic Takeoff Software is considered a plus.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel, including use of formulas, Word and PowerPoint software and other computer related tools.
- BS in Civil Engineering from a four-year college or university or 5-10 years of experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Supervisory experience is a plus.