New Kensington, PA 15068 US
- The ideal candidate will have significant experience estimating precision sheet metal and machined parts and be able to work proactively with other estimating team members, customers and manufacturing personnel.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ability to review and understand blueprints, work orders, tooling, or other written specifications. Meet expected work quotas.
- Review and analyze drawings, prints, specifications, contracts, RFQ’s and other documents for estimate-related activities.
- Obtain material and subcontractor quotes.
- Able to plan, prioritize, organize and monitor all aspects of quoting activity.
- Develop and review subcontractor scopes of work and accept, review, and analyze. subcontractor quotes for best value.
- Prepare and submit quote forms and documents to order entry for issuance of travelers to the factory floor.
- Work with sales and customers on design for manufacturability.
- Assist and review drawings with the manufacturing team and highlight areas of concern.
- Be responsible to maintain a clean and orderly work area.
- Must have a daily safety conscious work effort. Notify management of any work-related injuries, safety concerns and(or) near miss incident(s).
- Participate in all continuous improvement programs by offering suggestions and exhibiting initiative in areas within direct control.
- Must have a willingness and flexibility to adapt to changing business need, schedules and deadline and perform other essential duties as assigned in support of operational success.
- Comply with state and federal law safety regulations in addition to company’s health, safety and security procedures.
- Adhere to company policies and state and federal laws and regulations relating to employment, including promoting a workplace free of discrimination and harassment.
- Strong computer skills and familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite products, and experience with cost estimating and pricing systems.
- Experience with JobBOSS ERP is desirable.
- Knowledge of precision sheet metal fabrication and machining is highly desirable.
- Strong ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills with proficiency in English.
- Independent thinking and sound judgment, accompanied by proven problem solving/analysis skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to interact with other employees and all levels of management.
- Excellent time management with strong organizational skills and attention to detail and ability to prioritize work.
- Ability to read and interpret mechanical documents and drawings.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
- Subject to a job specific cognitive, personality and/or emotional intelligence evaluation as part of the pre-employment vetting process
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum High School diploma or GED required with at least 2-years proven experience in sheet metal and/or machined parts estimating.
- The ideal candidate will possess an Associate’s Degree or is a certified Journeyperson in a related field of study. Internal job candidates may be considered with less direct experience.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The successful candidate will be expected to endure work tasks in an office environment (hybrid and flexible working arrangements included) and uses a computer, telephone and other office equipment as needed to perform duties.
- The noise level in the work environment is typical of that of an office.
- The employee is regularly required to sit and communicate effectively; frequently required to use repetitive hand motion, handle or feel, and to occasionally stand, walk, reach, bend or lift up to 20 pounds.