Expert Software Engineer
Irvine, CA 92618 US
Our company in Irvine, CA has an immediate need for a talented Expert Software Engineer. We have an exciting line of massively parallel test systems that support the semiconductor industry around the world. This is a unique opportunity for an engineer with a diverse skill set to work in an environment that challenges and rewards. The ideal candidate will have a strong background with .Net/C# with experience in electronics, test and measurement, and semiconductor testing.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Design, develop, and support C# software for semiconductor test equipment primarily for control and communication with electronic subsystems.
- Integrate software design with electronic and mechanical subsystems
- Provide technical direction and delegate tasks to less senior engineers
- Apply appropriate standards, processes, procedures and tools throughout the software development life cycle.
- Contribute to end-user documentation in support of application of products.
- May serve as technical liaison for customers, suppliers, application users and other technical and support personnel.
- Occasional travel is required, including international destinations.
- All other duties as assigned.
Requirements, Education & Skills:
- Requires a B.S. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering or related discipline or its equivalent. Dual degree a plus (EE, ME). M.S. preferred.
- Should have at least 10+ years software development experience in a professional environment.
- 7+ years with .NET programming using C#.
- Experience developing software for electronic test and measurement systems strongly desired.
- Experience developing software for semiconductor test applications is preferred
- Good written and verbal communication skills are required.
- The following skills are used within this position and so are considered pluses:
- Strong background with and knowledge of multi-threaded design
- Experience using .Net / Task Parallel Library (TPL) for threading
- Familiarity with network communication interfaces including TCP/IP and UDP
- Other communication interfaces (Modbus, CANbus, USB, serial interfaces)
- This is an on-site role in our Irvine, CA office.