FEMA / Water Resources Project Manager
20700 44th Ave W Lynnwood, WA 98036
Our client is seeking an energetic and highly motivated self-starter to join either their Lynnwood, WA FEMA/Water Resources Project Manager.
In this role you will apply your knowledge of the National Flood Insurance Program by providing project management and technical leadership to the development and delivery of flood risk studies for FEMA’ s Risk MAP program. Candidates must have a thorough understanding of floodplain management, hazard mitigation, and risk communication.
- Leading the delivery of flood risk projects including the development of regulatory and non-regulatory products.
- Responsibilities include monitoring budgets, schedules, product quality, and compliance with standards.
- Communicating with clients, establishing goals and objectives for project teams, and scheduling and coordinating resources.
- Mentoring of technical staff.
- Assisting in development of responses to RFP/RFQs.
- Developing strong relationships internally and with clients.
- Coordinating the work of junior professionals, technicians, and others who assist in specific assignments.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor' s degree in Civil Engineering (Preferably with a focus in Water Resources), Geography, or Environmental Science.
- Management coursework and/or MBA a plus.
- This level may be achieved with eight years of experience in project production and technical professional activities, two of these working as a Senior Technical Professional.
- Minimum 8 years of experience with the National Flood Insurance Program and floodplain mapping and mitigation, with direct experience in the development and delivery of regulatory and non-regulatory products.
- Have a thorough understanding of the National Flood Insurance Program, specifically the Risk MAP Program.
- Prior experience managing FEMA floodplain studies is preferred.
- Familiarity with FEMA systems and databases such as MIP, CIS, P4, Mitigation Action Tracker, and FHD web.
- Knowledge and experience with Earned Value Management.
- Familiarity with GIS mapping and project management tools (i.e. MS Project).
- Proficient technical writing and communication skills, must be detailed oriented.
- Professional Engineer (PE) preferred.
- Certified Floodplain Manager (CFM) preferred.
- Ideal candidates must have at least 8 years of experience with a combination of: riverine modeling, coastal modeling, hazard mitigation technical assistance, research and design expertise, DFIRM and FIS development, GIS, hazard mitigation plan development, grant writing, or other floodplain related activities.
- Being a Professional Engineer (PE) and a Certified Floodplain Manager (CFM) is preferred.
- Candidate must have a degree in engineering, geography, environmental science, or other related field.