19756 Prairie St Chatsworth, CA 91311 | Direct Placement
PEAK’ s client specializes in the design and manufacturing of rugged computer systems optimized for harsh environments. They have been busy with this recent Space Race, and need your help!
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for FPGA functional allocation, design, simulation, synthesis, and place & route.
- Responsible for the design and development of new products as well as support existing products.
- Concept development work with marketing, writing product specifications, test plans and VHDL coding.
- Responsible for concept digital design, parts selection, design simulation, detailed design, detailed analyses of the circuits, schematic and PWB Design Rules creation.
- Support the layout of the cards, card level debug and verification.
- Coordinate activities of engineers within the Engineering Department and/or across programs and projects.
- Support customers as they integrate our products into their systems.
- Lead special Research & Development project activities or investigations across all engineering disciplines.
- Direct and coordinate all activities necessary to complete a major electrical engineering project or several small projects.
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum 10+ years of FPGA / Digital Design experience with mil-spec or space programs.
- Actel FPGA / CPLD design experience required, Xilinx and Altera experience is a plus.
- Experience with development & simulation tools for FPGA design simulation, and debug.
- In particular experience with ModelSim. OrCAD Schematic Capture and PSpice experience is a plus.
- Solid digital / analog design and debug skills.
- Knowledge of industry standard bus architectures such as PCI, PCI-X, PCIe is strongly desired, VME knowledge is a plus.
- Good troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently as well as cohesively within a team environment with minimal supervision.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering (or equivalent) with MS desired.
- Must be a U.S. citizen or be authorized to work in the United States.