706 N. Deerpath Drive Vernon Hills, IL 60061
Summary of Position
The Senior FPGA Engineer is responsible for FPGA development, including requirements analysis, FPGA architecture, integration and debug.
- Develop digital FPGA logic solutions targeting applications such as system communications/control, data movement and processing, and embedded microprocessors.
- Participate in the engineering life cycle of FPGA products including requirements, architecture, design, implementation, verification, integration, and debug.
- Prepare design documentation and participates-in design reviews.
- Provide input for project analysis and planning efforts.
- A BSEE/CE with 3+ years of relevant experience.
- Digital FPGA architecture and design for embedded systems
- High bandwidth data communications, storage, and manipulation in an FPGA
- Writing and reviewing documentation including requirements, design, verification, and interface guides (e.g. User, Software)
- Hardware/Software integration and lab debug using common equipment including internal FPGA logic analyzer tools (e.g. Vivado Logic Analyzer)
- Communicating and coordinating across engineering functional teams to achieve project goals
- HDL coding (e.g. VHDL, Verilog, etc.) for FPGA development and simulation
- HDL design and coding best practices for purpose (e.g. resource use, clock-rate, latency)
- FPGA design tools, simulation tools (e.g. Xilinx Vivado, Mentor QuestaSim)
- Source control tools (e.g. Subversion, ClearCase)
- Standard office software (e.g. MS Word, Excel, etc.)