1242 South Colorado Street Salem, VA 24153
- Report to Operations Manager; position’ s home department is maintenance.
- Manage environmental performance and reporting for all company facilities.
- Communicate with Environmental regulators at all levels.
- Plan and manage all phases of major and minor facility projects.
- Create and adhere to project budgets and project schedules.
- Capable and comfortable leading a project group.
- Manage the work of contractors to meet project deadlines and keep equipment in operational order.
- Maintain energy tracking databases.
- Complete energy reporting for local and HQ purposes.
- Assist Department Managers in equipment maintenance, project management and environmental compliance issues.
- Assist maintenance department in project management, contractor management, technical resources, training resources, safety programs, continuous improvement and environmental compliance.
- Create and manage the Capital spending plan.
- Manage facility layout drawings.
- Help department managers develop capital equipment justifications.
Necessary Skills & Qualifications:
- This position, while not a management position, requires leadership in all facets mentioned above.
- This position requires a high energy, fast moving person who is capable and comfortable with numerous, concurrent projects and responsibilities.
- Candidates must be intrinsically motivated to make decisions, pursue improvements and follow through on numerous tasks and projects.
- Must possess a Bachelor’ s degree in an Engineering discipline and a minimum of 5 years of experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Requires sufficient proven technical knowledge of all equipment, processes and products related to facilities management.
- Must have fundamental understanding of facility mechanical systems, electrical distribution systems, fire safety systems, site security systems and structural systems.
- Must understand fundamental procurement requirements and adapt to those employed by the site and Corporate.
- Must have a full understanding of Capital spending programs including developing economic justifications and calculating ROI.
- Should possess sufficient leadership and project management skills.
- Requires demonstrated proficiency using word processing, spreadsheet, project management and CAD software applications.
- Must be able to walk, climb, lift, and endure short periods of cold and hot temperatures.
- Lifting requirement is up to 30 pounds occasionally.
- Must be comfortable performing tasks both indoors and outdoors.
- Must be willing to work occasional evenings and weekends as project and task needs dictate.
- Must be willing to field phone calls during off-hours in response to urgent or emergency situations.
- The position is day shift, 7 a.m. – 3: 30 p.m., M – F,