Facility Automation Project Manager
1900 W. Field Court Lake Forest, Illinois 60045 | Contract
The Facility Automation Project Manager will analyze existing material handling processes at existing sites and develop project plans for automated material handling system in manufacturing and distribution centers. This person will map the existing material flows through the manufacturing, warehouse, and distribution centers, create new processes, work with vendors, develop pricing, and create a project plan for implementation with nearly 40 facilities nationwide.This person will identify the key aspects of the required operational performance of the automated systems, select components, develop/estimate costs of implementation and the associated impact on operations.
- Identify the automation needs and corresponding process requirements.
- Design conceptual solutions based on order data, process analysis, critical business drivers and requirements, and technical complexity.
- Convert a conceptual solution into a system design and associated high level process design.
- Based on experience, identify the key aspects of concepts and associated impact on operations.
- Provides leadership with regards to the system design.
- Work with vendors to identify solutions and equipment.
- Responsible for accurate estimation of costs.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or relative 10 years of working experience.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the field of Automated Material Handling Systems
- Must be willing and able to travel up to 25%.
- Proven professional expertise in process/materials mapping, design, and pricing of Automated Material Handling Systems.
- Experience with AGV, VGV, conveyors, pallet movers, PLCs, etc...
- Experience designing logistics systems
- Good systems understanding and design knowledge mandatory
- Good familiarity with both IT systems and mechanical technologies.
- Highly influential both internally and towards customers.
- Ability to understand, explain, and design processes, concepts and system designs and their impact on all organizational levels externally and internally.
Chat with a recruiter about this opportunity! - https://flashrecruit.com/jobs/299821