Facility/Maintenance Engineering Manager
808 East 113th St Chicago, Illinois 60628 | Direct Placement
In this position, you will lead process improvement, maintenance, and repair functions throughout a 4 shift, 24/7 manufacturing operation. You will lead plant maintenance operations and implement maintenance improvement initiatives. You will participate on and lead continuous improvement teams to insure the deployment of best practices across the plant. Provide support to manufacturing operations personnel to meet customer requirements by providing technical support, leading process capability analysis, and implementing process standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Promote a safety first culture in the workplace.
- Participate in process support role of key manufacturing processes.
- Identify cost takeout opportunities through waste reduction, material substitutions, and equipment modifications.
- Participate in continuous improvement projects.
- Directing and coordinating maintenance activities of all shifts.
- Ensuring maintenance is equal to or below standard operating costs.
- Leading processes to achieve and sustain results in 4 KPI’ s of safety, cost, quality and service.
- Implementing and sustaining planned preventative maintenance program.
- Coordinating maintenance and repair activities with production requirements.
- Managing technical training of employees on all aspects of operations.
- Ensuring consistent and timely communication with employees regarding maintenance, safety, quality, goals and expectations.
- Assisting in managing HR elements.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum of a Bachelors Degree in Mechanical, Electrical Engineering or similar field.
- At least 5 years of experience as a Maintenance Supervisor or Manager in a manufacturing setting.
- Hands on working knowledge of electrical, mechanical, and millwrights.
- Ability to manage multiple shifts in a 24/7 manufacturing setting.
- Must have excellent leadership & problem solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Knowledge of electric, mechanical, pneumatic and hydraulic systems.
- Familiar with applicable codes relating to maintenance such as Hydro, ANSI, Spill Response.
- Working knowledge of OSHA requirements in a manufacturing environment.
- Confined Space, Lock-out/Tag-out, Spill Response, WHMIS/HAZCOM training.
- Project management skills, including capital request, Gant charts, and other project planning tools.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k), short-term disability, paid holidays, paid vacations, and tuition reimbursement.