Facility Maintenance Technician
1 Edwards Way Irvine, CA 92614
- Conduct routine, periodic, or special inspections as required by the validated, electronic PM system while carrying out repair and maintenance work necessary to prevent breakdowns of facilities, machinery and equipment; Trouble shoot and diagnose controls and system failures.
- Monitor and adjust building automation systems to optimize efficiency and energy savings while continuously referring to internal Quality documents and procedures to ensure compliance; collaborate with Quality in devising and implementing corrective actions, exception work orders (EWOs).
- Perform all routine and non-routine, which include on-call and weekend work orders focusing on more complex employee moves, office set ups and changes for meetings, events, and conferences with high customer satisfaction while adhering to company standards.
- Perform predictive maintenance inspection of critical facilities systems to detect abnormalities and prevent premature system failures.
- Perform general repairs and maintenance in all the following: carpentry, plumbing, painting, electrical systems, in plant or office facilities with the ability to perform complex repairs in two or more specialties.
- Inspect and report issues noticed in interior and exterior spaces, including landscape.
- Perform daily logging and inspection of facilities systems including production facility environmental support systems to ensure operations within specifications.
- Monitor inventory level and reorder to replenish supplies.
- Analyze predictive inspection data of critical facilities systems to determine predictive maintenance actions to prevent premature system breakdown.
Education and Experience:
- HS Diploma or equivalent required.
- 8+ years of experience desired.
- In depth knowledge and experience in HVAC system, Electrical system, Steam boiler system and Compressed air system.
- Universal refrigerant license.
- Good verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Able to read, comprehend, speak, and write English.
- Good computer skills, including MS Office and Internet Explorer.
- Ability to use hand and power tools.
- Ability to read and understand blueprints, sketches, layouts, wiring diagrams, drawings and specifications.
- Ability to identify problems and relevant issues in complex situations, using specialized knowledge and propose solutions.
- Knowledge of and adherence to Edwards Environmental Health and Safety and Quality guidelines as they relate to general and controlled spaces.
- Strict attention to detail.
- Must be able to work in an inter-departmental team environment, as well as with colleagues from other departments.
- Ability to provide feedback in a professional, direct, and tactful manner.
- Ability to represent the organization to outside contacts, e.g., contractors, vendors, suppliers.
- Adhere to all EHS rules and requirements and take adequate control measures in preventing injuries to themselves and others as well as to the protection of environment and prevention of pollution under their span of influence/control.