Field Application Engineer
1125 North Prospect Avenue Itasca, Illinois 60143 | Direct Placement
As a Field Application Engineer, you will be the primary technical interface to company customers in all pre and post-sales activities. In addition, you will act as the key interface between sales and engineering teams. In this role, you will directly support sales managers as the technical expert to secure design wins and manage customer technical support through the design-in phase through product end-of-life. You will be expected to establish and maintain close technical ties to all North American customer accounts; facilitate rapid resolution of customer issues; and identify additional opportunities with existing accounts.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work with our sales managers and sales representatives to aggressively win designs and grow revenue.
- Visit prospective customers to demo and present patented technologies for motion control.
- Design support programs to ensure customer success for both hardware and software.
- Support in-depth technical evaluations on site with customers.
- Support company participation at international trade shows, exhibitions, and industry events with product and technical demos.
- Produce and manage application notes and other materials for publication.
- Interface with development team on new product ideas and definitions.
- Monitor and report on new customer and market technical and technology trends.
- Independently support customer success and relationships with regular visits and through all communication channels, including phone and e-mail.
- Manage customer implementation projects.
- Resolve customer issues to closure.
- BS in Electrical Engineering/Mechatronics required; MS preferred.
- Ideally 1-3 years FAE customer-facing experience; will consider entry-level FAE for the right candidate.
- Strong technical understanding of motor and motion control applications, ICs and/or controllers.
- PCB layout experience and knowledge of common engineering software.
- Resourceful self-starter who can multi-task and adapt to changing situations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, English, with an ability to influence others.
- Mature and confident with strong interpersonal skills and a true team player.
- Self-motivated, driven and dynamic personality.
- Extensive experience with web-based conference systems and remote technical support.
- Willing to travel domestically and internationally, min. 30% of time.
- Willing to travel to Europe frequently for training sessions and team alignment.
- Ability to work independently from home office or local shared working space.