Field Applications Engineer
1572 Tilco Drive Frederick, MD 21704
- Provide expert field install base systems application support for Precision AC and Ultrasonic Humidification product lines.
- The Field Applications Engineer (FAE) is responsible for engineering support of our customer’ s installation, operation, and application of our Precision AC and Ultrasonic Humidification products.
- The FAE also researches and develops mechanical/electro-mechanical products and systems, related to commercial HVAC and humidification equipment.
- Directs and coordinates activities involved in the operation, application, installation, and repair of mechanical/electromechanical products and systems by performing the following duties:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops complex models of systems for energy and performance analysis
- Travels to customer sites to provide product support (25%)
- Document and report all field related service and repair activities
- Diagnose mechanical failures and misapplication of complex refrigerant based cooling systems
- Manage large custom projects from initial concept
- Maintains expert level of product knowledge and application
- Researches and analyzes data such as customer design proposal, specifications, and manuals to determine feasibility of design or application
- Provides support for generating technical information for sales literature and application questions
- Provides mechanical design of products/heat transfer systems such as chilled water systems, air/water cooled refrigerant systems, and fluid pumping systems in accordance with engineering design standards and customer specifications to support consultants, integrators, and customers
- Responds to technical elements of RFQ’ s/RFI’ s
- Provides all engineering documentation related to the mechanical design of HVAC equipment
- Designs test control apparatus and equipment and develops methods and procedures for testing products or systems IAW ASHRAE 127
- Provides appropriate documentation and support to ensure that manufacturing and operational testing conform to functional specifications, customer requirements, and NEC/UL code requirements
- Review products to confirm that they are designed and manufactured in accordance with the National Electric Code, UL1995, unit listing reports, and other applicable standards
- Assists consulting engineers with equipment selection and provides unit information
- Perform complex structural and heat transfer analysis
- Creates installation, operation, maintenance, and repair documentation for products or systems
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- B.S. Mechanical Engineering (ABET certified program)
- Must Possess 5-10 years of experience in related field; HVAC experience preferred
- Minimum 4-5 Years of experience in related field
- Strong background in thermodynamics
- Electrical 3-phase and 1-phase system knowledge
- Ability to read, write, and speak in English.
- Ability to follow instructions in both written and oral form.
- Ability to speak effectively with employees of the organization.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written and oral form.
- Must be capable of researching, analyzing, and troubleshooting complex problems while generating potential solutions.
- Must methodically evaluate each solution and determine the best course of action based on standard practice, time, cost, and safety concerns.
- Self motivated and work independently
- Excellent organizational and people skills
- Detail oriented
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Willing to travel 25% of year
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to an office environment, as well as a manufacturing environment, when providing manufacturing support. This work environment may be at higher noise levels and lower air quality. Individuals may also be required to provide field support for equipment whereby the outside environment may be encountered as well as environments commonly encountered in air-conditioning equipment installations.
- Relocation Assistance: may consider based on experience
- Travel: < 25% Local and Domestic to Customer Sites