Field Safety Engineer
8541 Laguna Station Rd Elk Grove, CA 95758
- Minimum 4 years Health & Safety experience/knowledge.
- Heavy civil engineering background a plus.
- CHST Certification preferred.
- ISO experience preferred.
- OSHA 500 Certification required.
- Familiarity with OSHA Regulations.
- Knowledge and experience with Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Mature and effective presenter and communicator, capable of interacting with senior level executives.
- Strong analytical, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Responsible for the environmental, health and safety program on the jobsite.
- Manage and implement safety policies and programs and ensure proper systems are in place in protecting all personnel on jobsites.
- Provide Orientation for a new employees as needed.
- Create JHA' s (Job Hazard Analysis), SWP (Safe Work Plan) related to job site operations, activities or tasks and assist in implementation.
- Attend staff safety meetings, safety committee meetings, foreman' s meetings, post-incident meetings or other management review meetings on the job site.
- Coach and train foreman and correct any unsafe acts or conditions.
- Complete daily diary log identifying your tasks for that particular day.
- Complete a daily hazard tracking deficiency walk through list for the project.
- Completes minimum of 2 focused inspections per week.
- Conduct safety training for all site personnel.
- Monitor all air sampling data received on the job site.
- Provide air sampling as required.
- Create and review Corrective Action Reports with field personnel.
- Create and update MSDS log book on jobsite.
- Conduct accident investigation and root cause analysis on all injuries on the jobsite.
- Ensure field personnel comply with our Fall Protection, Respiratory Protection, LOTO, and Confined Space programs and cease any IDLH situations.
- Provide support for the OHSAS-18001 and ISO-14001 systems.