Field Service Coordinator
1572 Tilco Drive Frederick, MD 21704
This position requires a high level of customer service – they would be assisting in scheduling and coordinating customer visits and handling the paperwork, resolving customer complaints over the phone, processing service tickets/creating purchase orders in SAP. It is preferred to have HVAC knowledge, but not required.
Coordinates, monitors and improves startup and preventative maintenance activities for Product Support. Provides supports and guidance to factory direct and PSN technician. Ensures the services provided are effective and the customers’ requirements are met.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Service coordination.
- Coordinates field service logistics to schedule startup and preventative maintenance services.
- Verifies services purchased within a sales order.
- Create and manage purchase orders within SAP
- Approve additional time required to complete a service visit.
- Interfaces with General Contractors, Sales Reps and End-users via telephone and/or email to ensure prompt and accurate support.
- Interface with customers and sales representatives to schedule after sales support.
- Handle and resolve customer complaints / inquiries via email or phone in a timely and accurate manner.
- Maintain an understanding of company’ s product lines.
- Responsible for receiving the following documents thoroughly completed and uploaded to the service order for QA closeout.
- Pre Start-Up Request Checklist.
- Start-Up Checklist
- Service Tickets/Field Reports
- Invoice (if applicable).
- Data Entry
- Reviews service tickets, invoices and checklists for accuracy and discrepancies.
- Responsible for tracking incomplete and missing documentation from Service Contractors (PSN) and Technician and ensures all required documentation is received prior to approving invoices and completing the service order.
- Initiates and maintains customer warranties and provides warranty certification to the end-user upon request.
- Works with the Business Process Administrator to identify process efficiencies and compliance.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The Field Service Coordinator must be committed to service excellence and demonstrate a Customer First attitude at all times, possess excellent verbal and written communication skills; must be punctual; self-motivated; have ability to work without direct supervision and must display professionalism, patience/empathy in time sensitive situations.
- Ability to learn and become highly effective in SAP (ERP system)
- Strong work ethic, trainable, coachable, flexible and a visionary.
- Calmness under pressure.
- Attention to detail a must.
- Good decision making and communication skills.
- Interest in helping and working with customers.
- Sound practical judgement of priorities.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
Education & Experience:
- High School Diploma.
- 1 – 2 years in Customer Service or equivalent customer service.
- Proficient in Microsoft office software.
- Previous HVAC service/dispatching experience preferred, but not required.
- Ability to read and understand english instructions.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, use hands to finger, reach with hands and arms; stoop, and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk. The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision ability required by this job includes close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to an office environment in a manufacturing plant.