Field Service Engineer--Lab Services
Various Sites Edison, NJ 08899
- Responsibilities for this position include the performance of preventative maintenance, calibration and repair tasks for laboratory chromatography instrumentation and equipment.
- This work is performed onsite at chemical and biological laboratory client facilities.
- Responsibilities may also include supporting internal preventative maintenance, calibration, and repair programs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide on-site installation, calibration, minor repair, and preventive maintenance services on laboratory chromatography equipment within specified requirements.
- Support internal calibration, minor repair, and preventive maintenance programs focused on areas of expertise through the development of procedures, training materials, and technical support processes.
- Establish and maintain communication channels with assigned customers to ensure operational visibility.
- Responsible for customer satisfaction pertaining to services provided.
- Manage assigned work orders and document all facets of the work product in our Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
- Provide accurate and timely reporting of service status and escalations pertaining to services.
- Control and maintain all company assets, including tools, parts, and test equipment, needed to perform work tasks.
- Promote teamwork and cooperation between internal Associates and partner staff.
- Maintain a safe work environment, follow safety instructions / training, and utilize appropriate safety equipment.
- Support and maintain internal quality system processes including continuous improvement.
- Follow client quality requirements pertaining to services being provided.
- Additional duties as specified.
- Experience performing repair and maintenance tasks in a regulated laboratory environment. Experience with general laboratory equipment is preferred.
- Ability to quickly learn and understand equipment functionality.
- Ability to quickly learn and adopt client quality requirements.
- Strict attention to detail is essential to this position.
- Must be comfortable working individually or in a team setting.
- BS degree in Chemistry or Biology.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience working in, or in support of, a GxP compliant laboratory.
- Experience servicing chromatography equipment (LC, GC, MS).
- Customer facing experience.
- Knowledgeable understanding of office software including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Adobe Acrobat.
- Must be comfortable with flexible scheduling and unplanned schedule changes.
- A valid driver’ s license and proof of current auto insurance
- Extensive periods of standing and walking while performing services
- Frequent bending, squatting and stair climbing
- Extensive periods of sitting at a computer terminal documenting services
- Use of both hands without restriction and manipulate small hand tools
- Ability to lift at least 30 pounds waist high
- This position requires some portion of work to be performed in a laboratory environment where special safety procedures will apply.
- Work is performed in proximity to potentially hazardous chemicals and reagents.
- This position may require periodic on call responsibilities after normal business hours.
- Must be available to travel as needed to support clients.