Field Service Engineer Lab Services
9208 Waterford Centre Boulevard Suite 1 Austin, TX 78758
This field position is responsible for testing, calibration, verification, preventative maintenance, installation, and repair services on analytical laboratory instrumentation, medical analysis testing devices, kiosk equipment, power three phase high-voltage UPS and distribution equipment, and/or other and/or client equipment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides on-site preventative maintenance, repairs, performance verification' s, calibrations, and software/hardware upgrades on supported equipment.
- Establishes and maintains close communication with assigned customers to ensure maximum operational visibility.
- Responsible for customer satisfaction pertaining to services provided.
- Responsible for following quality practices specified by and product vendors.
- Manages assigned work orders and document all facets of the work product in Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
- Provides accurate and timely reporting of service status and escalations pertaining to services.
- Maintains a professional appearance at all times with regard to dress and personal appearance as well as tools and equipment.
- Controls and maintains all assets, including tools, parts, and test equipment needed to preform work tasks.
- Promotes teamwork and cooperation between associates and partner staff.
- Works regularly with the appropriate dispatcher for work assignments.
- Maintains a safe work environment, follows safety instructions/training, and utilizes appropriate safety equipment.
- Follows client quality requirements pertaining to services provided.
- Supports and applies appropriate quality system processes.
- Ability to read and interpret technical instructions, safety manuals, service manuals, policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates a thorough understanding of the maintenance and repairs of the CSA supported equipment.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Proficient in the use field service tools and equipment.
- Able to optimize performance, troubleshoot, and repair equipment independently.
- Oral/Written communication: Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures as a field service engineer for any one, or more, divisions.
- Works independently with limited to no direct supervision.
Education and Experience:
- 6 – 9 years’ experience, trade and/or bachelor' s degree in related field.