Field Service Equipment Tech
680 Conroe Park West Drive Conroe, TX 77303
SCOPE and PURPOSE
Applies to all activities and guidelines for operations performed by this position. This job description shall be reviewed on a regular basis.
- Receives customer service requests, interviews customer to assess need, develops options for solutions based on customer needs and resource availability, which may include, but not be limited to shop or field service repairs:
- Providing diagnostic assistance
- Providing repair instructions
- Researching and looking up parts needed
- Preparing spare parts packages
- Researching and providing technical assistance
- Performs and/or manages major field and shop repairs.
- Coordinates service requests with appropriate Service departments.
- Resolves product issues through effective identification, documentation, and communication with all affected parties.
- Assists in maintaining technical manuals.
- Assists in maintaining related service department files and office records.
- Knows and understands operating and technical procedures and workplace instructions.
- Perform various other duties and activities as assigned by supervisor within the physical constraints of the job.
Regardless of other duties, has a responsibility to follow production, safety, and quality procedures.
- Education and Training – High school diploma or as deemed sufficient by management.
- Technical Requirements – Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook and must be able to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagrammatic form. Must have basic knowledge in hydraulic and electric troubleshooting. Must possess excellent communication skills. Able to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical, written, diagrammatic or schedule form. Must be willing and able to work overtime and on weekends or on call duty and be willing and able to travel up to but not limited to 50% including internationally. Must have a valid pass passport and driver’ s license.
- Experience – 2 – 5 years of directly related training and/or experience.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs, stand, sit, kneel, crawl, see, read, hear, climb have the physical and mental ability to travel independently and the physical and mental ability to comply with customary workshop, office, job site work environments, safety requirements and other customary regulations and requirements in these environments. Must be physically and mentally able and licensed (as required) to operate heavy machinery, automobiles and light trucks, cranes, lifting equipment, computers and diagnostic equipment.
The person identified in this Job Description is accountable for: serving external and internal customers in person and on-site, by telephone or e-mail, servicing and repairing customer and company owned equipment efficiently and cost effectively; positively impacting company sales efforts, financial results and customer satisfaction by assessing customer needs and developing ways to maximize product uptime, minimize operating costs, and making it easy to do business with our organization.
The above employee has demonstrated the capability to satisfactorily perform the responsibilities of this position.