Field Service Technician (Day Shift)
Jamaica, NY 11430 US
Potential Schedule: M-F from 6 AM to 2:30 PM (some OT).
- Travel to various depots required (Queens, Brooklyn, and Manhattan).
- Technician must provide tools, smartphone, laptop and use their personal vehicle
This position is responsible for providing electrical and mechanical expertise in the field on high voltage electric, CNG, and clean diesel transit buses. The ideal candidate will possess 2+ years of experience in either electrical, HVAC or other related field and have experience with any of the following: buses, trains, automobiles, military vehicles, heavy equipment, or aircraft.
- Work with advanced electric vehicle and hydrogen fuel cell and other technology; troubleshooting electronic, electrical (some mechanical) and high voltage issues, and resolving them.
- Install electrical systems and components in transit vehicles
- Maintain, troubleshoot, and repair electronic and mechanical equipment
- Repair or replace parts, light fixtures, wiring, finder relays, motors, and other types of electrical equipment Identify and troubleshoot electrical problems with a variety of testing devices: ammeters, voltmeters, multimeters, cable testers, etc.
- Inspect electrical components, such as transformers and circuit breakers
- 2+ years of experience in either electrical, HVAC or another related field
- Thorough knowledge of 12V and 24V, 600 V and air conditioning systems
- Intermediate computer skills and knowledge of multi-plex systems.
- Ability to work from blueprints, process sheets, schematics, and instructions as required
- Electrical troubleshooting skills and experience
- Experience with electrical wiring, circuit testing, troubleshooting and general repair
- Solid customer service skills
- PLC and ladder logic experience preferred
- General knowledge of transit bus/hybrid and/or electric drive systems ideal but not necessary