Field Service Technician
SF Muni Maintenance Facility 601 25th St. (between 25th St and Cezar Chavez ) San Francisco, CA 94107
Essential duties and responsibilities include one or more of the following (Other duties may be assigned.):
- Interact with the customer to ensure that products provided for passenger trains are fully operational.
- Listen and respond to the customer' s concerns and diagnose and solve problems with equipment.
- Strives for goal which is 100% customer satisfaction.
- Respond to customer needs as instructed by the Field Service Manager.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose equipment failures in the field.
- Work with engineering to resolve difficult issues.
- Track and report completion status of field modifications
- Manage response and repair times as estimated for each assigned job.
- Complete tasks effectively in a timely manner.
- Possess the knowledge necessary to implement all field related policies and procedures.
- Be prepared, mentally and physically, to respond quickly to field emergencies.
- Work with peers and sub-contractors to complete tasks successfully
- Interact with customer and communicate effectively.
- Communicate regularly with Field Service Manager to address customer issues, scheduling, and to provide feedback on the experience with the customer.
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma or GED required, some college preferred.
- Good knowledge of relevant technologies such as electromechanical parts.
- Ability to take initiative to accomplish tasks.
- Comfortable working on retrofit and installation of new equipment.
- Ability to work well under pressure in difficult circumstances.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills to treat customers with tact and respect.
- Based on education and work experience.
- Field services environment, including rail yards, repair shop, and possibly other outdoor areas.
- May involve exposure to cold and hot temperatures, humidity, dust, vapors, fumes, vibration and other loud noises from the plant and customer locations in the field.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Orientation - Upon hire.
- Safety - Annual Refresher and as required by transit authority.