Field Technical Manager / Electrical Superintendents
Microsoft: Boydton Data Center 820 Old Cox Rd Boydton, VA 23917
Must Have Industry Experience in any or all: Data Center (preferred), Healthcare/Hospital (clean room environments), Airports, Heavy Industrial will also be considered.
We are not looking for residential, retail, renovation, additions as the candidate must have Large Capital, PM experience.
Field Technical Manager / Electrical Superintendents / Electrical Supervisor
Primary Functions & Duties:
Our customer is seeking a Mechanical Field MEP Superintendent with Piping/Electrical Superintendent and/or Supervisor. The candidates does not need scheduling experience. We are more interested in the ability to understand the trades of piping and electrical, understand manpower needs, productivity, tracking installed progress, etc.
1. Provide technical support during design and preconstruction to assist owner and Architect Engineer.
2. Manage Equipment start up turnaround process
3. Assist in the implementation of the project’ s QC Planning and inspection process.
4. Monitor Field Construction of Mechanical, Piping and/or Electrical subcontractors for schedule management and conformance to contract documents.
5. Provide expert technical support to company personnel as required to resolve field construction or similar problems. May include interpretation of codes, design of specialty equipment, etc.
6. Develop, issue and maintain general instructions and guidelines for field construction methods utilizing current industry and company practices.
7. Develop and maintain current work controlling documents which set mandatory minimum requirements for work, authority,
documentation and record requirements in accordance with applicable codes and contract requirements.
8. Review A/E specifications, bid inquiries, etc. to insure technical and code requirements for material, equipment and field activities are met.
9. Continuously research, evaluate, and recommend implementation of new (or improved) construction processes, equipment, material, techniques and methods as technology improves.
10. Participate in constructability reviews of design documents to help determine most cost effective and schedule efficient method of construction.
11. Perform additional assignments per supervisor’ s direction.
12. Manage Equipment start up and turnover process
13. Assist in logistical planning and sequencing strategies for mechanical equipment installation.
Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications & Experience:
- Requires a 4 year engineering degree in appropriate discipline or equivalent combinations of technical training and related experience.
- Requires a minimum of 10 years extensive experience related to assigned discipline.
- Requires an extensive working knowledge of construction industry codes including NEC, ASME and ANSI standards.
- Requires a minimum of 5 years experience gaining a thorough knowledge of all aspects of discipline construction technology, equipment, materials, means and methods
- Minimum - 10 years experience working with electrical, mechanical & piping installation designs and providing constructability reviews of the designs as well as tracking procurement & materials for installation.
- Proficiency in problem solving and written/verbal communications skills essential.
- Proficiency in understanding and working with equipment supplier installation manuals.
- Computer literate in a wide variety of applications including web based project management systems.
- Provides technical input to any company business unit (supervision, estimating, cost, etc.) as required.
- Individuals applying for this position should be able to multi task and work in a fast paced work environment and be willing to work overtime as needed.
- Ability to estimate mechanical, electrical and piping work is a plus.