Field Test Engineer
16323 Shoemaker Ave Cerritos, CA 90703 | Direct Placement
Our client is searching for a Key Senior position on the project team; will do analysis, planning, design, and implementation of completion solutions with a new artificial lift method [Subsurface Compression System (SCS)] and supervise the installation of the system in clients’ wells.
They will execute the completion design for designated projects collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders from inception through the specification, analysis, design, fabrication, validation testing, system integration testing and well installation and commissioning to meet both customer and company objectives.
The ideal candidate will have a technical background with capability and desire to be the completion engineering lead for the introduction of a new artificial lift method, as well as developing and implementing new technologies and approaches to address field trial needs.
Candidate will possess genuine technical skills, willingness to listen to others, and a strong foundation of collaborating with engineers and technologists to develop complex machinery.
Must have a good understanding of ESPs, which have similar completion requirements to those of SCS, from an overall system point of view, and should be able to design completion architecture with the greater system in mind.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan and execute completion well designs with subsurface compressor systems for gas wells.
- Interact with customer to ensure safe and efficient field operations.
- Work closely with internal engineering team to optimize the performance of the well and subsurface compression system.
- Provide guidance and needed information for the internal engineering team to design required interface equipment when the equipment is not available off-the-shelf.
- Propose creative completion solutions and gain supports from customers to maximize the well productivity with the new artificial lift method of SCS.
- Assemble, test, and conduct root cause analysis, and involve other team members in this process to obtain different perspectives.
- Specify all the required equipment and materials for project assessment and execution
- Ensure that any equipment to be installed or run into a well is fit for purpose and has the proper details accurately documented for traceability of different field trials.
- Ensure that third-parties have specified the correct equipment to meet the requirements of safe and efficient operations.
- Prepare testing/completion programs, including equipment specification and selection, flow modelling, stress analysis.
- Analyze and recommend alternatives to completion and artificial lift equipment deployment and retrieval procedures and ensure competency in said procedures.
- Prepare associated cost estimates and control costs for the company throughout the field trials.
- Ensure that all third-party equipment meet the requirements of the planned operations related to SCS.
- Participate risk assessments before each field operation.
- Prepare load out lists and liaise with the logistics supervisor on the rig to ensure equipment movements are efficient with a view to maintain good cost control.
- Plan, design, and execute the SITs (System Integration Tests) required for any completion / interventions components with the supports from both internal engineering team and external third-party vendors.
- Assure adequate third-party Quality Assurance and Quality Control of any equipment for the field trials.
- Typically operates as a one-person crew supervising third party service company personnel
- Record all non-conformances and non-production time and report these to management.
- Ensure that all work within the area of responsibility is adequately documented and lessons learned are captured for the benefit of future operations.
- Provide technical feedbacks to internal engineering team to improve the safety and performance of the SCS after each field trials.
- Ensure that all completion activities comply with company standards and governmental regulations.
- Carry out audits of well service crews to ensure they are working safely and are operating to the rig and company requirements.
- Prepare end of well reports.
- Collaborate with other members of a multi-disciplinary engineering team to deliver each field trial efficiently.
Skills, Experience, Education, and Abilities:
- BS/MS in Engineering required.
- Minimum of five years of experience in onshore/offshore completion, production or workover operations.
- Extensive knowledge of Well Interventions (slickline, e-line, pumping and coiled tubing), Completions, DST/TCP, Surface Testing and operations is desired.
- Experiences in interacting with customers and third-party vendors.
- At least two years of ESP installation experience required.
- Experiences in ESP and other completion equipment design is a plus but not required.
- IADC RigPass certification (including SafeLandUSA) required.
- IADC WellSharp or IWCF Well Intervention Pressure Control Certificate a plus.
- At least two years of project management or coordination experience.
- At least two years of PDG installation experience.
- Experience in conducting well on paper, intervention campaigns and System Integration Testing (SIT) is a plus.
- Ability to work with a multi-disciplinary team environment.
- System integration experience with intelligent completion systems is a plus.
- Strong written, oral and interpersonal communication skills.
- Must have highly perceptive listening skills and be open to ideas of others.