Valencia, CA 91355 US
Great opportunity for a Financial Analyst with a Finance or Accounting degree to join our Finance team! Work in the ever changing Aerospace industry.
Hands on Analyst that compiles and analyzes financial information for the company, assist other departments and recommends areas for financial improvement.
Job Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Use knowledge and experience to develop specialized, integrated revenue/expense analyses, analysis of company operations, projections, reports, and presentations without direction or guidance.
• Prepares and analyzes monthly, quarterly, and annual reports, and communicates financial performance and key drivers to subsidiary, group management and to Corporate.
• Create annual financial budget and establish and maintain monthly forecast.
• Analyze financials and identify risks and opportunities, with reliable conclusions that can be used to implement more effective operational strategies.
• Assist other departments with cost saving opportunities and risk mitigation.
• Maintain financial forecast monthly/quarterly and communicate forecast changes to subsidiary, group management and to Corporate.
• Review department expense reports for accuracy and deviations from budget/forecast; provide managers with support to better understand financial results / impacts of their decisions and identify areas of future risk and opportunities.
• Design, develop and maintain company financial operational metrics.
• Provide financial and forecasting data and analysis for presentations.
• Develop and maintain monthly SIOP process (Sales, Inventory, Operations, Plan).
• Create and maintain Business Intelligence (BI) and Business Analytics (BA) tools for all levels of management.
• Other tasks and duties may be required as directed.
• Bachelor’s Degree (B.A. or B.S.) from four-year college or university; or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Good command of the English language, both written and spoken.
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
• Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, customers, employees, and the general public.
• Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plan and solid geometry and trigonometry.
• Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
• Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
• Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems.
• Ability to deal with nonverbal symbolism in its most difficult phrases.
• Ability to deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables.
Computer/ Office Skills
• Microsoft D365
• Hyperion / HFM
• Accounting Software
• Basic windows/internet browser
• ERP/Inventory implementation & upgrade experience a plus
• Microsoft Office – Excel, Word, Power Point
Additional requirement: THE COMPANY PROVIDES GOODS AND SERVICES TO THE US GOVERNMENT UNDER THE INTERNATIONAL TRAFFIC IN ARMS REGULATIONS (ITAR) AND MUST COMPLY WITH THE REQUIREMENT THAT ALL EMPLOYEES BE U.S. CITIZENS OR PERMANENT U.S. RESIDENTS WITH VALID GREEN CARDS.