Fire Protection Designer
181 W Huntington Dr, # 110 Monrovia, CA 91016
With-in the Mechanical Utilities group performs a wide variety of difficult and highly complex engineering, design, analysis, or other technical tasks utilizing current technology and available standards, templates and cataloged products.
May provide project supervision for medium to large projects.
Implements the Company Procedures Manual while seeking improvements to work processes and design approaches.
Develops innovative technical solutions to complex problems.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Knowledge of applicable theories, practices, and accepted office procedures, good verbal and written English skills
- Typically minimum of 8 years of relevant experience.
Special Job Requirements:
- Experience in Oil & Gas industry is preferred.
- Knowledgeable with ASHRAE Standards and Building and Fire Codes (API, IBC, IMC, IFC, IPC and NFPA).
- Support the development of Firewater layouts, HVAC Air Flow Diagrams and Equipment, Plumbing etc.
- Proficient with AutoCAD, MicroStation and SP3D (or PDS) design tools in generation of 3D models and 2D drawings.
- Special knowledge in fireproofing, fire water supply systems, firefighting equipment, fire pumps, fire water tanks, fixed fire water sprays, and clean agent fire suppression systems a plus.