Fire Systems Maintenance Technician
PO Box 500 MS 347 Batavia, IL 605100500
This is a long term contract position to perform routine maintenance, inspection and testing of fire alarm, suppression, and fire sprinkler systems.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists in performing routine testing and preventative maintenance of equipment.
- Assists in repair and modifications
- Gathers and reports maintenance information for databases and reports using handheld and desktop computers.
- Work from drawings, diagrams, schematics, and verbal instructions.
- Assists with maintaining an accurate spare parts inventory.
- Follows all safety, environmental and other regulations and practices.
- Must possess a valid driver' s license
- Must be able to pass a physical to be Oxygen Deficiency (ODH) qualified.
- Must be able to climb step, extension, and ladders.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds
- Must have working knowledge of basic hand and electric power tools.