Firmware/Embedded Software Engineer
12570 State Route 143 Highland, IL 62249
Job Summary: Responsible for functional and empirical analysis and design related to developing and implementing software operating systems for company products. This may include, but is not limited to, operating software, utility software, development software, and diagnostic software. May be involved in the development of testing strategies, devices, and systems.
Reports to: Software Engineering Manager or Electrical Engineering and Systems Design Manager
• Create, modify, and maintain software for new and revised products.
• Assist to develop and track schedules for software development or revision.
• Assist to develop programming standards and practices.
• Use software development tools such as assemblers, compilers, emulators, etc.
• Work with the Design Engineer and/or Project Leader during the development of a new or revised design.
• Assist to develop the definition of the software requirements, objectives, and modules for a new or revised design.
• Perform hardware design when required.
• Perform or assist others to test software or establish software testing requirements.
• Program in Assembly, C, and other high level languages.
• Work with customers, users, and others to develop software operating requirements or to troubleshoot/debug existing problems. This includes travel when required.
• Assist to train personnel on software operation of new or revised designs.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’ s degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent plus one year of software design experience preferred.
• Ability to speak and write in a clear and understandable manner.
• Ability to concentrate for extended periods of time.
• Ability to exchange and furnish information requiring detailed explanation and discussions with customers and various levels of personnel
• Operate computer keyboard.
• Travel as required for training, support of project tasks, product issues, or other design or job related needs.