Valparaiso, IN 46383 US
Seeking an experienced Firmware Engineer to design and develop software/firmware for embedded controllers using common programing languages such as C and assembly, with minimal oversight required.
The role will include maintenance work on existing products and new product development.
- Design new control algorithm and communication interfaces
- Design new software modules and develop supporting documentation
- Debug software/firmware
- Test firmware on hardware platform;
- Develop and maintain documentation, such as test procedures, software specifications, manuals, etc.
- Maintain code in repository using tools such as SVN, GitHub etc.
- Supports product development plans (schedule, product cost, meeting design inputs)
- Conduct design reviews
- Coordinate work with Remote team in India
- Conduct field failure analyses and develop resolutions based on customer complaints
- Implement product improvements to improve manufacturability and overall product cost
Requirements for Experienced Firmware Engineer:
5+ Years Firmware Engineering experience
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related technical discipline
Ability to solve engineering problems with good decision-making skills
Experience designing and debugging device drivers
Proficiency with an embedded programming language such as C or Assembly
Proficient with Microsoft Office software, especially Excel
Familiar with communication protocol/ hardware interface knowledge, such as RS232,, Ethernet, USB, SPI, I2C, Flash, EEPROM, ADC/DAC
Experience with one or more of the following architectures: ARM, MSP430, AVR.
Experience with oscilloscopes, Logic Analyzer, etc.
Familiarity with STM32 F4/L4, and/or MSP430 preferred.
Experience writing code for embedded devices utilizing sensing devices (such as temperature, pressure, oxygen, carbon dioxide)
Experience with real-time operating system Free-Rtos preferred (NOT Linux)
Must be able to work in teams as well as independently with minimal supervision.
Experience working with remote engineering team desired