1 Monster Way Corona, CA 92879
The Formulation Specialist will support the manager on new product launch support and change management projects for existing formula harmonization, ingredient consolidation in SAP and all other continuous improvement activities, focused on organizing relevant information to MEC corporate function and successfully govern formula portfolio globally.
Essential Job Functions:
- Existing ingredient and formula support:
- Responsible for analyzing and reporting existing ingredients in SAP for consolidation and harmonization.
- Support manager in existing formula harmonization effort, including analyzing information gathered from SAP and other database, collaborating with internal and external flavor houses, and vendors to administrate Master Formulas.
- Assist in any cost reduction aimed to optimize raw material packaging sizes for all existing formulations to minimize write offs and project manage changes by working with flavor houses, Quality and local OPS
- New product launch support – EMEA region
- Responsible for setting up new ingredients and formulas in SAP according to commercialization timeline
- Assist manager in the concentrate and kitting process with flavor houses of formulas to support implementation at new co-packers. Work with local QC and OPS to ensure that correct unitized raw materials are issued for use at worldwide co-packers
- Support reformulation projects with local Quality Control teams, co-packer and corporate NPD related to technical performance of formulation.
- Collaborate with flavor houses, and vendors to administrate Master Formulas.
- Bachelor’ s degree in a Food Science, Food Engineering or Chemistry preferred.
- 1-3 years of working in foods, dietary supplement, beverages industry
- Experience with SAP or other Material Requirement Planning (MRP) system.
- Highly organized, meticulous with a great attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently as well as in teams
- Having sense of urgency, ability to multitask, and being able to interact with key players in a team environment
- Able to see what is relevant, prioritize and ask the right questions