889 Pierce Court Suite 101 Thousand Oaks, CA 91360
Peak Technical Staffing is looking for an experienced Project Engineer to complete our client' s team and assist with the unique projects and clientele primarily located in the hillsides of the City of LA and LA County.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Engineering Analyses, Seismic Analysis, Design Soil Structure Interaction, Liquefaction Analysis, Geotechnical calculations, Slope Stability
- AutoCAD drafting (Candidate MUST have some AutCAD experience. Proficiency will benefit the candidate GREATLY)
- Report Preparation including: Due Diligence, Preliminary Geotechnical Reports, As-Graded reports.
- Field Investigations including (preliminary geotechnical investigations) Assist with site investigation field activities and drilling/sampling operations.
- Responsible for other job duties, as needed.
Successful Candidates Should Have:
- Minimum Bachelor' s degree in Civil Engineering or Environmental related earth science fields
- Should have at least 3-5 years of relevant geotechnical experience
- Ability to perform moderate level AutoCAD drafting is required
- Ability to read and interpret multiple engineering plans is required
- Ability to professionally interact with grading contractors is preferred
- Demonstrated effective oral and written communications skills
- Sound decision making and problem solving abilities
- Detail oriented and strong organization skills
- Proven ability to perform in a high volume, time sensitive/deadline driven environment
- Ability to work and contribute to a team environment and handle multiple tasks/projects at a given time
- Must be willing to travel within Southern California with personal or company provided vehicle.
- Proficient with several computer applications including MS Office and AutoCAD
- Mid to advanced knowledge with Excel
- Valid Driver License with a clean driving record