General Operations Supervisor
Garden Grove, CA 92841 US
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Will ensure throughput targets are achieved in a safe, timely, quality, cost efficient and productive manner. Manages production schedules to fulfill orders; is accountable for the achievement of area performance objectives, product quality and variable costs; ensures employees are accurately trained, assigned specific duties, coached, disciplined, and rewarded; and always optimizes equipment availability, cycle times, and overall continual improvement.
- Manage, direct and coordinate all activities related to the area to maximize productivity and minimize cost while achieving safety, quality and throughput targets.
- Review and plan for daily/ weekly/ quarterly labor, equipment, and supply requirements to achieve the departmental throughput while meeting and exceeding the productivity targets.
- Ensure all production data is gathered and reported correctly on a daily basis.
- Ensure employees are trained on production procedures and practices
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities including interviewing, hiring & training employees; planning, assigning & directing work; evaluating and appraising individual performance; rewarding & disciplining employees; addressing complaints & resolving problems.
- Review variable costs, productivity, earned standard hours and throughput daily and implements effective corrective actions when targets are not achieved
- Manage the activities of employees on continuous improvement projects
- Support and improve upon quality initiatives designed to meet plant goals.
- Manage preventative maintenance performed by production employees.
- Provide manufacturing expertise if and when problems arise
- Stay abreast of technological advancements and process improvements, which may impact production
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- B.S. or B.A. Degree or equivalent experience.
- 4+ years Manufacturing experience (aerospace, forging, machining backgrounds preferred)
- Supervisory experience leading teams of 40+ people; Performance management skills.
- Analytical skills; Personal accountability; Strong organizational skills.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills with all levels of organization, especially with direct employees.
- Intermediate use of MS Word, Excel, Access, Outlook and QAD; other productivity tools.
- Quality focused & production driven.
- Must be capable of working effectively with minimal direction and supervision.
- Process improvement experience is desirable (Six Sigma, Lean Manufacturing).
- Must possess excellent problem solving, organizational and verbal & written communication skills.
- Solid, overall business acumen and a strong mindset for continuous improvement.
- Attention to detail and an attitude of 100% compliance with all company and regulatory requirements.
- Work requires verbal communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to motivate teams to produce quality materials within tight timeframes and simultaneously manage several projects.
- High energy level and ability to work flexible hours.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment.
- Strong computer skills (e.g. MS Word, MS Excel, MRP).
- Strong attention to detail.
- Results oriented.